Friday, December 28, 2007

Mish Mash

We had a great Christmas day. Family came over and we had a nice time. Jeff and I waited until the last minute to get our bird for Christmas day. We went out the Friday before looking for a bird. Jeff had always wanted to try goose. So....we ended up getting a goose and turkey! The only problem that we encountered was how to bake both of them at once! I started to peruse http://www.allrecipes.com/ *I LOVE that site!* and found a recipe for grilled turkey. We're always ones to try something new out...so the goose ended up going on the grill. It turned out really good...nice and juicy. The turkey was also good...very juicy too.

On top of being busy with Christmas preparations, I've had a nasty cold the past 2 weeks. At least that's how long I've counted in my head. It started out with a sore throat, then moved to my nose and now I'm dealing with a stuffy nose and congested chest. I'm SO ready for this to be done. I'm sure I haven't helped my healing process by going so much the last couple weeks. We've had his family over, my family, been shopping....etc, etc. It's been busy! So today I had a sick day. Jeff has the week off and I took advantage...took a nice hot bath *which felt incredible* and tried to relax.

14 comments:

Becky G said...

I've never tried goose before! Sounds like it was good! Sorry to hear that you have been sick. I'm glad that you got a day of rest and hope your feeling better soon!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Goose and turkey . . . sounds delicious! I love the allrecipes site too! Sorry to hear that you've been sick. That's always rough around Christmas! Take care! A bubble bath does sound wonderful!

Marilyn said...

Ugh! Hope you get to feeling better soon - I am fighting off a sinus infection too - hopefully your relaxing day was just what the doctor ordered! :) Happy New Year!

L.A. said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. A hot soak in the tub and a little extra sleep sound like what the doctor ordered.

Have a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Lori SBS2

Maria said...

Hi Alana!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been sick. I hope you feel better soon! I just got over the flu and I feel so much better.

Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

Your SBS2 sis,
Maria

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better!

Have a wonderful new years!-Samantha

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Sounds great. My Dad does goose on the BBQ greatest way to make it. Hope your sore throat (and all the other yucky symptoms) are all gone so you can have a happy New Year! :0) Mel

Michelle Pearson said...

Hope you're on the mend. I got sick before Thanksgiving and it just left me. Best wishes for a Happy New Year!!

Anonymous said...

Goose, huh? Never had that before! I love allrecipes.com too!!!

Just stopping by to wish you a happy new year!

Ruth said...

Hi Alana.

Just dropping by to say Happy New Year!

paulssandy said...

Ohh, I hope you are feeling better soon so you can start the new year on a healthy note :)

AnnMarie said...

Hiya Alana! Stopping by to wish you a very happy new year! Hope that you are feeling better soon! : )

Nina said...

Hi! This is Nina Patena, 2008 Royal Stamping Maid DT for Queen Kat Designs.

We think your blog rocks and would love to feature you as one of our Featured Bloggers of the Day over at the QK Bloggers site here: http://qkdbloggers.blogspot.com/.

If you're interested, kindly email us at qkdbloggers@yahoo.com so we can send you a basic questionnaire so we can write your feature.

Thanks so much and happy new year! =)

Nina

Unknown said...

Happy New Year, I hope you are feeling better, and girl you need to update your blog, lol

Hugs from a sistah xx